Uh-huh…sure she did.
So, here I go again…on my own?
No! WHITESNAKE!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I’m very sorry if you have that song in your head for the rest of the day BUT I DO TOO SO JUST FUCKING DEAL!
Dearest Reader, I am trying to blog again. I swear, I’m gonna put it on the to-do list. After French practice, guitar practice, prepointe ankle exercises, unpacking my new apartment, working on dress prototypes for a business startup, and attempting to appear to have a social life.
Updates since I last
spoke wrote at you:
- “Boy” from previous posts is still around. Good on ‘im.
- I took another trip to Seattle and took two more classes at my favorite studios there: Exit Space and Belltown Ballet.
- And I still highly, highly recommend Belltown Ballet if you are in Seattle for a day or so…it is the least fancy and most fun of any of the studios I’ve vistied. (Why does ballet have to be so snobby?) They even have live piano accompaniment in the beginner classes. Photographic proof of general adorability/awesomeness:
- I have been using the prepointe shoes and they are fun! And sorta painful. I only use them once a week at my barre class. I have read quite a few opinions about super-usefulness/complete futility of prepointe shoes, and my verdict is that they are worth a shot. I bought mine for $25 online, so it’s not a huge investment. Even if you only learn to sew your ribbons and elastic, how to tie the suckers and how to walk around without bashing into things, it’s worth the cash. My goal is to start pointe at the beginning of next year, so I guess I will let you lovely folks know how it works out for me.
- I am still going to the Berkeley Ballet Theater adult “summer shape-up” intensive in August. And in my rush to build up my endurance and strength…and move all my things up and down stairs, I have managed to hurt my left knee again.
Well, I took a week off and so far the knee is starting to get better. I recently learned that almost all my joints can hyperextend to a disgusting degree, and standing on my nasty bent-backwards leg all the time is messing it up. Darn. Expect a lot of posts about my journey through hyperextension. I might change the name of the blog to that….(read as a Lifetime Movie Network voice-over actor) Tonight, A Journey Through Hyperextension: One Girl’s Monotonous Attempts At Having Not-Weird Bendo Legs.
Inspiring, I know.
- I DID A DOUBLE PIROUTTE! And I have absolutely no idea how it happened. So….
- I started renting a studio for my design/sewing work. I am working on my prototypes again and feel almost like a Professional Adult-Type Design Person. Five years out of college….IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME!
Geez, calm down there weirdo writer lady….
I WILL NOT! OKAY…I will…BUT NOT BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TO!
- I am less than a year away from paying off my student loans. After five years of ramen and tiny living, they will be officially paid off January 22, 2016. (For an idea of the pain, the beginning balance was $45,000. You guys know what I’m talking about.)
- I have not died of not eating meat! Take that, Montana!
- And finally…I called the cops on a bar to make a noise complaint. I feel like that’s the weirdest thing ever. Also, I live above a sports bar now. Why? Because I don’t drink or eat fried meat or watch sports…THAT’S WHY! No temptation! What am I supposed to do? Live above a vegan donut shop/discount leotard store/free dresses dealer????
Sssssank you and goodnight. Uhmean….good day.